IUT Admission for
4-Year Bachelor’s Programmes for the Academic Year 2011-2012
- Applications are invited from Bangladeshi nationals for admission to 4-Year Bachelor’s Programmes in Engineering and Technology for the Academic Year 2011-2012.
- Candidates for the above Programme must have minimum GPA 4.5 in both S.S.C. and H.S.C. Examinations. Candidates who passed ‘O’–level and ‘A’-level Examinations must have scored minimum grade “B” in each subject (Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Candidates will have to apply through SMS of Tele-talk mobile system. Each candidate is required to pay non-refundable Application Fee of Tk. 500 through Tele-talk system. The last date to apply for admission is 15 September, 2011.
For Details: http://www.iutoic-dhaka.edu/
|Start date to apply||16 Aug 2011 How to Apply|
|Last date to apply||15 Sep 2011|
|Display grades of all applicants||18 Sep 2011|
|Verification of grades*||19-20 Sep 2011 (9 AM – 1 PM)|
|Publication of List of Candidates Eligible
for Admission Test
|20 Sep 2011|
|Admission Test||18 Oct 2011, Tuesday (venue: IUT Campus)
MCQ Based Test: Total Marks 100 (Math: 30, Physics: 30, Chemistry: 20, English:20)
25% marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Language of the question paper is English
|Publication of Merit List for Admission||19 Oct 2011|
- Candidates for the above Programme must have minimum GPA 4.5 in both S.S.C.(equivalent) and H.S.C.(equivalent) Examinations
- Candidates who passed ‘O’–level and ‘A’-level Examinations must have scored minimum grade “B” in each subject (Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Candidates must have passed H.S.C (equivalent) examination either in 2011 or 2010
- Candidates must be muslim male student.
- Students from Bangladeshi Boards: Candidates must apply through Teletalk SMS service from 16 August 2011. Download Instruction.
- Students from O-Level and A-Level: Candidates must apply through website first .
a) Merit List for Admission Test: First 2000 candidates will be selected for Admission Test based on marks (X) obtained in HSC and SSC out of 100. Marks (X) calculated from GPA as per following rule-
X= Selected subjects GPA of HSC * 12 + Selected subjects GPA of SSC * 8
Selected subjects for HSC GPA: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Bengali (5 subjects)
Selected subjects for SSC GPA: All Subjects excluding optional subject.
b) Final Merit List: Final merit list will be prepared based on 200 marks of which 100 for Admission Test (Y) and 100 marks calculated from Selected subjects GPA (X)
c) In case of tie: Following criteria will be followed to break the tie-
- i. Y (marks obtained in written test)
- ii. Selected subjects GPA of HSC
Then GP of HSC subjects:
- iii. Mathematics
- iv. Physics
- v. Chemistry
- vi. English
Then GP of SSC subjects:
- vii. Mathematics
- viii. Physics
- ix. Chemistry
- x. English
d) For O-Level and A-Level students:
- Grades to be converted to equivalent Bangladeshi grades as shown below.
|Marks (%)||O/A Level Grade||Equivalent SSC/HSC Grade|
- Then the same procedure will be applied as described above to be included in the merit list.
- Selected subjects will be as follows:
- A level: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, (plus English, Bengali grades of O level will be considered).
- O level: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Bengali (5 subjects)